We return to our much-loved Silverstar in the Monashee Mountains above Vernon, British Columbia.
- 105 km of pristine daily-groomed x-c ski trails
- access to the new Schumman Gondola taking you to the summit
- accommodation in the heart of the picturesque Silver Star village
Registration opens March 20 2019
Trip Leaders: Patti and Jim Blair firstname.lastname@example.org
Price: All rooms are double occupancy. However 32 registrants (16 rooms) may choose suite rooms with a kitchen at one price, while 4 registrants (2 rooms) may choose rooms with no kitchen at a lower rate. Rooms will be allotted on a first come first serve basis.
- Suite Room with Kitchen $2425 per person
- Double without kitchen $2215 per person
- airfare between Kelowna and Toronto
- shuttle transfers between Kelowna and Silver Star
- cross-country ski passes during our stay
- all breakfasts
- four buffet dinners
- welcome reception
- most gratuities
Price does not include:
- $25 club registration fee
- baggage fees for air travel
- cost of any 'non-nordic' ski activities i.e. snowshoeing, downhill skiing, skating, rentals, tubing, fat biking
- lunches during our stay (groceries may be puchased)
- four dinners (groceries may be purchased)
- all beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) during provided dinners
- room keeping gratuities
Deposits are non-refundable. However, in the event that you need to cancel; the Club will look for a suitable replacement from the club waiting list. If a replacement can be made without incurring costs to the club or the travel agency, then you may be refunded. If using a replacement incurs some costs, the cancelling party will be responsible and may only receive a partial refund. If a replacement cannot be found, the cancelling party will be responsible to cover all costs that the Club or travel agency has incurred on your behalf, up to the point of cancellation.
One can ski at both the Silverstar Mountain Resort and at Sovereign Lake.
There are over 100 km of well-groomed, track-set trails. This trip is suitable for intermediate and advanced skiers. Optional activities include alpine skiing, snowshoeing, guided night snowshoe hikes, night skiing, tubing, skating, sleigh rides, etc
Accommodation is at the Vance Creek Hotel. Most units will include a kitchen and will be assigned on a first come first served basis. One can ski right outside your front door. The hotel is surrounded by shops and restaurants.
Once again we will use the Teacher's Travel Agency in Toronto for travel services.Reserve your spot: Complete both steps now to register.
Step one: register for the trip online. Choose "Register" and make your $25 non-refundable payment. Step two: pay a non-refundable deposit of $300 per person to Teacher’s Travel. You may either send a cheque payable to Teacher’s Travel (21 St. Claire Ave. E., Toronto M4T 1L9) or pay by phone using your credit card. There is a 3% surcharge for using a credit card. Jill Sanderson at Teacher’s Travel can be reached at 1-416-922-2232.
Later in the year, the final balance is due -- no later than November 1, 2019-- and it is non-refundable.
Printable Trip Information Sheet